Friday, February 8, 2008

Desk Clearing

Wow, my desk is now clearer than it has been in a long, long time--however there is still a four-inch pile of non-urgent things I'm supposed to read. Amazing how when you are a Rector people are always asking you to read things. I've gotten good about not accepting entire books if I can help it, but I still get the usual newsletters and reports and "updates" from various organizations and individuals. It's important to stay informed about all these people and individuals connected to the church, so I can't simply skip it. Still, I'm pleased that my office and desk are looking more and more organized.

My experiment with singing the Offices by myself is continuing to go well. It really does change the feeling of the rite. It makes it much more prayerful for me--probably because it's much more embodied. I'm also saying in the church rather than at my desk--again, embodying the prayer seems to be key in my case.

I've been asked to write an article about my experiences at the Leadership Conference. I'm thrilled that have opportunity, and I'm glad that I took lots of notes! Considering that both of my sisters get their stuff published all the time, it's about time that I catch up!

Fridays are Finance Day at COTM. This morning we made progress on a number of fronts having to do with the 2007 books being prepared for the Annual Vestry. The bottom line numbers are encouraging, but it's still going to take a lot of work to sort out the details of how to organize the financial activity for reporting it to the congregation. The instability in clerical leadership over the last 2 years or so has a lot to with challenge. Yet there is something really nice about having a fresh start!

-t

No comments: