Friday, February 22, 2008

Pure Pwnage

I'm still thinking of getting a PS3. That makes me think of games and gamer culture. There's a funny Internet series that was done a few years ago (and still being made) called Pure Pwnage. Part of what makes this really funny for me is that it's filmed in Toronto right in my neighborhood--so I recognize the street scenes. Here's the second episode in the series: "Girls."

My favorite quote: "It turned out that they're pretty good like defensively. Right away they repelled like my attacks. You know, like they had good base defense or something."



-t

7 comments:

G said...

You should also recognise one of the voices. That of "Teh Masterer" is none other than Fr William Craig, esteemed honorary assistant at St Matthias, Bellwoods.

Tay Moss said...

Double LOL.

What's the connection? I know at least one of these guys must have been a Trinity guy (they shot a couple of scenes at Trinity College, including one in the chapel).

-t

William Craig said...

Hello, Tay!

I was told that someone had made a comment; I did not realize how respectable a someone.

I didn't know you watched Pure Pwnage!

Bill

Tay Moss said...

Yep, I'm cool like that. I used to be an FPS addict: I had crazy micro in Counter Strike: Source with a Scout.

-t

William Craig said...

I think I'm the odd one out; although I voice "teh_masterer" I've never played any of these games. I usually claim that I learn the parts phonetically!

Tay Moss said...

Just as well, they like mental crack.
-t

Felicity Pickup said...

That was an educational experience!