Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Vital Church Planting Conference

Yesterday and today I was attending the Vital Church Planting Conference here in Toronto--so I haven't had as much time to blog as normal. The conference itself is about more than planting churches, of course, it's also about mission, evangelism, and growth. I have heard some things that have given me some ideas for COTM, incidentally.

BTW, at the conference I've had a chance to talk about some of the moves I'm making at COTM with people wise in the ways of the force (the Bishop, Diocesan Consultants, priests I respect) and they've given me some very affirmative feedback. It seems that I'm on the right track, which is important to check out every once in a while. A good test of discernment (among other tests) is whether it stands up to the scrutiny of peers.

Hopefully I'll have a chance to write more about some of the learnings from the conference. But right now I'm tired and need sleep. I'm hoping that tomorrow, when the conference is done, I'll have time to post some overdue sermons to the blog.

-t

No comments: