Thursday, February 21, 2008

Workouts

I went to lunch-time Bible Study downtown. Did some church stuff, then went to the gym for a little while and now I'm back at the church.

At the gym today I had a consultation with a personal trainer sort of person to assess my physical status and goals and to make some recommendations. I learned a few things, like that weight training will be more important to me than cardio. I also learned that it's very important to eat at least 24 grams of protein within 45 minutes of working out if your goal is to build muscle. Right now my %Body Fat is 26.3--which is kind of pathetic. According their modeling I can probably get that down to 15% in 24 weeks with 4 workouts a week.

So I've got a ways to go in the future, but at least I'm making an effort!

-t

No comments: