Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Obama Hat...

Way back in July I bought an official Barack Obama hat. When I wore it around Toronto, a number of people had either never heard of Barack Obama or were only vaguely aware of the campaign. I remember more than one Canadian told me that they believed the U.S. wasn't ready to elect a black candidate. And now I see that Obama is continuing to gain ground against Hillary Clinton.

But my hat didn't survive my trip to San Francisco--I think I left it in the nave at Grace Cathedral, and it was gone when I went back for it. Maybe I need to order another...

So why do I support Barack Obama? Well, simply because he represents an overdue shift in American politics. It's a move toward something like optimism--imagine that! Everybody always says they want "new blood" in Washington--and that regard I think Obama is real deal!

The decision to support Obama gets easier for me as Hilary seems to be going more and more to the dark side. She really seems prepared to do just about anything to get elected--even trying to play the race card. But at least it makes for an exciting campaign!

-t

No comments: